Monday, November 12, 2012

Greek Pita Pocket Burgers

I have a new creation to share with you that is quite scrumptious: Greek Pita Pocket Burgers. On some recent B1G1 sales at Publix, I stocked my freezer with whole grain pita bread and meatless burger patties. While at Kroger, I stumbled upon organic broccoli slaw for .50 (simply a bag of raw shredded broccoli & carrots). So, I just sauteed half of a red onion, added salt & pepper and then added the slaw mixture to it, cooking on medium about 5 minutes. Next I put my sauteed vegetables in a bowl with some Greek dressing I needed to finish off, mixed and put it in the fridge to chill. Later on, I cooked the burger patties according to directions, thawed and slightly toasted my pita bread. Finally, fill the pita pocket with burger patty chunks, top with dressed vegetables, feta cheese, and enjoy. All in all, this meal cost me about $4 and will serve 4 people, breaking down to $1 per serving. Healthy, inexpensive and mmmmmmm tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment