Tuesday, December 4, 2012

How to Save at Target

I love to shop at Target! They have everything I need from organic groceries, trendy clothing, household necessities, free kids cookies, family restrooms, and AWESOME savings opportunities. I thought I would share how I save here just in case you need some new tricks up your sleeve. As for coupons, Target has an extensive database for printable coupons that you can access through their website. Target will accept a manufacture coupon paired with a Target coupon for extra savings as well. A few coupons I print on a weekly basis to use at Target are: $1 off Bare Naked Organic Chicken (commonkindness.com) .75 off Earthbound Farms Produce (through Earthbound Farms email club) and $1 off Applegate Farms Meats (applegate.com) Here's the exciting part. Some form of Bare Naked Chicken is always on sale weekly whether it is thighs, breast, whole or legs. So, I wait for the sale price and then on top of that, look for a special red sticker on the package that is a Target special for $2 off a package to combine my printed coupon with. Example: 1 Pound of Bare Naked Chicken Thighs on sale for $3.79, less the special red sticker $2 off on package, less my $1 off coupon means a pound of fresh organic chicken for .79! On to produce... This week a bag of organic carrots were on sale for $1.09 by Earthbound Farms. I then used my .75 off coupon bringing the price down to .34. Lastly, my kids love Applegate Farms hot dogs, which happen to be on sale this week for $3.99 a pack, less my $1 off coupon. These are all staples in our home that it is so nice to be able to save on further past the price tag. In addition, we are Target Debit Red Card Holders which gets us 5% off everything we purchase, including groceries and even Starbucks inside Target. The card is no charge, no fees and the money comes right out of the bank as if I was already using my bank card. The last great savings loophole I have is a little more work, but worth it in the wallet. Every week Target posts items that when a certain quantity are purchased, a gift card is received in return. You can view all of these offers in the online weekly ad. Example: This week Huggies & Pampers Giant Packs are $34.99 with a $5 gift card given to you at purchase. So, if you were to have a Target coupon for $2 off plus a Manufacture coupon for $2 off, less your $5 back, you would be getting $9 off your diapers, plus 5% more off when paying with your Red card. This makes for a good deal! Hope I have not confused you, but rather amused you and inspired further savings for your family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment