Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cinnamon Honey Fruit Crisp

Tasty, simple, versatile & affordable are the words I love in a recipe. This dessert has them all! I used fresh peaches & frozen mixed berries in mine, but you can use anything you would put in a pie such as apples, plums or apricots. It is also up to you on how much sugar and spice you put in the recipe depending on the flavor you are going for. This recipe is totally tweekable. In fact, I found that for me, there was not have enough of the yummy crumbly part on top, so next time I will probably double the 'crisp' part of it making any leftovers perfect for breakfast with coffee. So, I tossed 2 fresh, diced peaches & about 2 cups of frozen berries together in 2 TBS Honey and 2 TSP Cinnamon. I let that defrost and flavors settle for a couple hours. Next mix together 1 C Oats, 1/2 C Flour & 1/2 Brown Sugar. 
Then take half of a stick of butter cut into small cubes, mix with flour/oat sugar mixture with hands until coarse & crumbly. Spread the crumbly goodness evenly over the fruit. I then sprinkled hazelnuts on top, which you can totally omit if you prefer. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream for an even fuller indulgence. Mmmmm tasty!                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment