Monday, October 1, 2012

Meat-ish Loaf

I tried a new spin on making meatloaf today and ended up in brilliant success. With organic ground beef prices on the rise, I blended soy based crumbles into the mix to keep the costs down, as well as using no eggs. This is a super simple, yummy, make ahead meal I dare you to try! So, take 1 Lb ground beef and 1 package soy based crumbles and put into a large bowl. Next add 1/2 Cup rolled oats and 1/2 Cup Italian dressing. You could stop here but I like to sneak vegetables in where I can so I then added 1 shredded carrot & half of an onion diced, along with salt & pepper. Next, get your hands dirty and mix ingredients thoroughly. Place mixture into a greased bread loaf tin and top with barbecue sauce. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until firm. Dinner is served!

** Save yourself some time in the future by doubling this recipe, baking 2 pans of meatloaf and freezing one for a night when you need an effortless dinner. 

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering if the soy crumbles you are using are non-gmo? Soy is the top crop for GMO, Genetically modified Organisim, in the US. Especially Morningstar Farms! Just curious! Great blog! Melissa from SwapMamas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi & thank you Melissa :) Well, I did not know that about Morningstar Farms! I do use their products, but really prefer Lightlife's prodcuts when I find them on clearance. I just checked my freezer & Lightlife is nonGMO :)Sad that it is so hard to eat 'real' food in an abundant world...a little backwards I think.

      Delete