Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Roasted Fig & Vegetable Quinoa Pilaf

Since I do my grocery shopping based on what is on major price reduction, the ingredients in my fridge and pantry often do not seem to make any sense together at first glance. But like most treasure, good meals must be sought for! Here is the simply delicious while nutritious result: I roasted a pan mixed with carrots, yams, onions and dried figs , along with dabbles of butter and savory dried herbs. Then I boiled quinoa in water with some butter, hazelnuts and more of the same dried herbs. Once vegetables were soft and water was evaporated from quinoa, I tossed all ingredients in a large bowl for a hearty quinoa pilaf. It would be even more amazing if you have some kale to wilt and mix in as well. If you twinge at the thought of a vegetarian meal, toss in some pork or chicken to your heart's content.  A simply merry meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment