Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Giraffe Sighting

As I pulled into the parking lot of the Goodwill today, my daughter shouted with genuine excitement, 'Look Mommy, a giant giraffe!' I have seen a lot of things at the Goodwill, but this is a first. I looked around us and did not see what my sweet pea was so excited about. Sadly, I did not see the giant giraffe as quickly because I was not seeing through the eyes of a child. When she pointed upwards, I saw in the distance, waaaaaay up in the sky, the long orange neck of a mechanical crane and something jutting off the top with a downwards angle, as though the 'giraffe' was looking down upon us. Wow! How much more amazing and entertaining would life be if our sight was not so clouded? Tomorrow, I am hoping to see an elephant..or maybe even a flying one!

No comments:

Post a Comment