Saturday, August 4, 2012

Receipt Reading Pays

It really does pay, literally, to check your receipt. I just had three separate instances this week where I was incorrectly charged, and by catching them, saved about $20. If you have a Kroger in your area, and are charged incorrectly, their policy is to give you a full refund, not only the difference. I purchased 3 pound bag of apples there that were priced per bag, but was instead charged per pound. Cha-ching- free organic apples and $6 in my pocket. This also happened with some chips that were meant to be 2 for $5 according to the sign, but were incorrectly $3.29 each. My third instance was actually at a department store. I was purchasing a kitchen appliance with a coupon. I gave the coupon to the sales clerk, watched her scan the bar code, paid and went my way. Once I got to the car I noticed my 20% off did not register when it was scanned. I went back in and was refunded my $10. I think too many of us assume that sales clerks and registers do not make mistakes, shoving receipts away into the black abyss of a cute over-sized purse. Start checking your receipt and let me know what savings you catch. Great lesson learned for me. Now I just need to make myself do it before I walk back to the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment