Tuesday, January 1, 2013

El Cheapo Chicken Nachos

I just made a simple, delicious dinner for four at $1 per person, without breaking a sweat, so thought this would be worth sharing. Here's the break down of my El Cheapo Chicken Nachos:







1 Lb Bag Tortilla Chips at Publix $2.50, recent sale 
1Lb Organic Chicken $1 at Target, recent sale + coupons
1 Jar Salsa .90 at Publix, recent sale + coupons
8 Oz Cheese $1 at Publix, recent sale + coupons
1 Can Black Olives FREE at Publix, recent sale + coupons
Sour cream as desired FREE at Publix, recent sale + coupons

I cooked my chicken legs in the crockpot yesterday then picked the meat from the chicken which I threw in a pot on the stove with a of jar salsa and olives. I simply warmed the pot on the stove thoroughly, scooped the chicken mixture on top of the chips, topped with shredded cheese & sour cream. Cheap, easy & mmmmm tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment