Friday, January 11, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow

You know the best way to cut down your grocery bill & ensure chemical free, nutritious food in your home is to grow it yourself?! I know, sounds crazy right? Not really. Gardening can be as simple as you would like it to be. If you have never tried gardening, or think your thumb is black, I challenge you to give gardening another go.  You do not need a a plot of land to grow herbs or vegetables, and container gardens are not confined only to pots. Gutters, rain boots and even cinder blocks have proven to yield beautiful results with a little soil, a lot of love and sunshine, and a tiny seed. If you have children, gardening is especially fun for tiny hands and big imaginations. So, how does your garden grow? I mentioned a while back about my gutter garden, which I have now purchased supplies for (about $10 total and is ready for me to secure on my fence. When it is up and going and will give you more details. Hopefully my gutter gardening photos will have lettuce, greens and strawberries flowing from it's plastic sides rather than the usual boring rain water. What are your gardening goals for this Spring? 

No comments:

Post a Comment